Centrifuge 5430/ 5430 R
Unique cross-over Centrifuge 5430 and 5430 R combine the best features of a microcentrifuge (small footprint) and multipurpose centrifuge (versatility) in one instrument. These centrifuges spin rotors for Eppendorf tubes and PCR strips as you would expect from any microcentrifuge. But that's not all. In a compact size, Centrifuge 5430 and 5430 R also accommodate rotors for microplates and 15/50 mL conical tubes. Now, the rotor program has been expanded with additional Eppendorf QuickLock® rotors. This includes 48-place rotors (1.5/2.0 mL), a 16-place rotor for Eppendorf Tubes® 5.0 mL and a swing-bucket rotor (24 × 1.5/2.0 mL). With their unmatched versatility, Centrifuge 5430 and Centrifuge 5430 R are the flagship products among the Eppendorf microcentrifuge portfolio.
Available as keypad or knob variant
Eppendorf QuickLock® rotors
Our aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock rotors close with only 1/4 of a turn. This not only saves you time during every day use, it also takes repetitive stress off your wrist.
Model 5430 is also available in a refrigerated version (5430 R). The compressor at the back of the Centrifuge 5430 R—characteristic to all Eppendorf microcentrifuges—keeps the footprint small and the access height low.
Energy savings of ECO shut-off and FastTemp pro:
ECO shut-off saves you up to 88% energy overnight by deactivating the compressor after a period of nonuse (can be adjusted to engage after 8, 4, 2, or 1 hour).In addition to the standard FastTemp pre-cooling program Eppendorf Centrifuge 5430 R features a unique software option called FastTemp pro. This program allows for automated pre-cooling based on pre-programmable time and date. FastTemp pro can be set to a specific date or as a repetitive event during several days every week. Simply turn the centrifuge into standby mode when you leave your lab and let FastTemppro take care of pre-cooling in the morning. This not only makes operation super easy, it also saves you up to 90 % of energy over night.
- Max. rotor capacity: 48 × 1.5/2.0 mL, 6 × 50 mL, 2 × MTP
- Max. speed: 30,130 × g (17,500 rpm)
- Remarkable versatility with 12 different rotors
- Soft-touch one-finger lid closure for ergonomic operation
- Menu-driven, multi lingual operation menu (English, German, French, Spanish) with large backlit display
- 5 program keys for easy access to routine programs
- Saves up to 50 user-defined programs
- Automatic rotor recognition and imbalance detection for maximum operational safety
- Eppendorf QuickLock® – System for quickly opening and closing the rotor lid
Special features for Centrifuge 5430 R
- Temperature range: -11 °C to +40 °C
- The patented compressor technology reduces vibrations and protects your samples
- Continuous cooling maintains a constant temperature after the run has been completed – your samples stay cool
- FastTemp pro® function for programmable pre-cooling according to day and time
- ECO shut-off engages after 8 hours of nonuse to reduce energy consumption (37 % overnight) and extend compressor life (can be deactivated in menu)
- Built-in condensation drain to eliminate water accumulation