Fiber Analysers - FIWE Hot Extractor
Fiber Analysers that use pre-heated reagents for fiber analysis according to Weende, Van Soest and other official methods.
Raw Fiber Analyser - Crude Fiber, Neutral & Acid Detergent Fiber
FIWE is a fiber analyser suitable for raw fiber extraction, conventionally known as an indigestible residue.
The Weende method is the oldest analytical procedure still in use today, in which fiber concentration is measured as crude fiber (CF).Weende method has been now largely replaced by the Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF), a method developed by Van Soest, being now the most common measure of fiber used for animal feed analysis. It measures most of the structural components in plant cells (including lignin, hemicellulose and cellulose), but not pectin.
Another application is Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF), that is a portion of the plant fiber and includes cellulose, lignin and variable amounts of xylans.
FIWE fiber analyser is also suitable for Acid Detergent Lignin (ADL) determination and Wijkstrom technique, a modification of Weende method.
- Rapid analysis – 2 hours vs. 6 hours with manual systems
- Reliable results
- High reproducibility
- Back-pressure pump prevents clogging of crucibles
- Total raw fiber extraction using Weende technique
- Neutral & acid detergent fiber with NDF, ADF, Van Soest extractions
- Acid detergent lignin extraction with ADL & Van Soest methods
- Fiber fraction analysis (cellulose, hemicellulose & pectin)
- Links boiling, rinsing and filtration
- Single or multiple samples can be processed
- Reagent preheating on RC 2 hotplate (provided)
- Same crucibles used for weighing, drying & washing – no loss
Choice of Models
- FIWE is available in different configurations:
- FIWE 3, a 3-position raw fiber analyser
- FIWE 6, a 6-position raw fiber analyser
- Combine with COEX for cold extraction before fiber analysis