GC-IR Detection System
A BEAM OF CONFIDENCE
Easy and Rapid identification of all samples of Molecules with Isomer Specific Spectra
DiscovIR-GC enables the coupling of Gas Chromatography to Infrared Spectroscopy for the separation and identification of several molecules including controlled substances, and hazardous materials. Designed as a “walk-up“ instrument, its proprietary direct deposition/solid phase FTIR technology enables e.g. routine detection of substances such as cannabinoids in the parts-per-billion range.
- Compatible with solid phase commercial IR libraries
- Sensitivity is not influenced by elution temperatures
- Dedicated Drugs of abuse libraries
- Compatible with major GC platforms
- Solid Phase Transmission Spectra
- Infrared Provides Isomer Specific Spectra
- Spectra compatible with all solid phase FTIR Libraries
- GC-IR Removes Complexity from Mixtures and Adulterants
- Automatic Polystyrene Calibration
- SWGDRUG Category A Technique
With increasing pressure to correctly identify designer drugs, by-products and cutting agents, it is now essential to provide forensic labs with technology to identify accurately all controlled substances and in particular the ones with positional isomers and diastereomers.
With the DiscovIR-GC® from DANI Instruments, forensic and law enforcement labs can now easily and rapidly identify all samples secured by the law enforcement community.
DANI Instruments’ state-of-the-art technology enables the coupling of Gas Chromatography to Infrared Spectroscopy for the separation and identification of controlled substances samples, clandestine chemistry lab materials and hazardous, multi-components material samples. Designed as a “walk-up” instrument, its proprietary direct deposition/solid phase FTIR technology enables routine detection of substances such as cannabinoids in the parts-per-billion range.
How Does It Work?
Upon exiting the GC column, the eluants are deposited as a collimated jet onto a cryogenically-cooled sample collection disk. The infrared transparent disk rotates/translates under the deposit tip to result in a spiral deposit track of samples. A beam of infrared light from an interferometer passes through the disk along the deposition track, and infrared spectral information is acquired by a MCT detector.
- Solid Phase Transmission Spectra :High-quality, solid-phase FTIR spectra acquired at 4 cm-1 resolution. DiscovIR solid-phase spectra are acquired at -40°C and feature sharp infrared bands.
- Infrared Provides Isomer Specific Spectra: DiscovIR-GC allows differentiation between isomers with similar mass spectral fragmentation patterns.
- GC-IR Removes Complexity from Mixtures and Adulterants: A key benefit is the ability to obtain pure spectra of each component in a mixture. GC-IR is ideal for multi-components analysis or adulterated samples.
- Polystyrene Calibration: One-minute, daily validation routine using NIST traceable polystyrene standard.
- SWGDRUG Category A Technique: DiscovIR-GC is a SWGDRUG Category A analysis technique and makes an ideal complement to GC- MS. The GC analytical workflow (sample preparation, injector mode, vial format, column, etc) is fully transferable to the Discov-IR-GC detection system.
- Controlled Substances
- Amphetamines / Bath Salts / Cannabinoids
- Ephedrine / Pseudoephedrine